Estate Agent Selection
Many asset managers operate an estate agency panel with panel agents paying to receive their instructions. We don’t operate a panel and agents don’t pay to receive our instructions. We always select agents based on their track record in selling similar homes and we regularly use corporate, independent, online and hybrid estate agents.
- We determine the market dominant agent for each property
- We review agents with reference to their market share by sales made, sales agreed and share of instructions
- Agent’s market positions are reviewed both on current status and status over time to identify consistently strong performers
- Our own experience of potential agents is added to incorporate price achieved against appraised value and time to sell
- We also include online and hybrid agents in our selection criteria and have negotiated a range of fees with the major online and hybrid agents including ‘no sale no fee’ term